The Travelscoot is the Lightest Mobility Scooter in Australia
For some, mobility scooters in Australia are essential for travel and daily life. They allow you freedom of movement and independence. The Travelscoot is the lightest scooter available, at fifteen kilograms including the battery, making it easy to lift and move yourself.
What Sets Travelscoot Australia Apart Regarding a Collapsible Mobility Scooter
Most motorised mobility scooters for sale in Australia are heavy, awkward to manage and too large to fit easily in planes or the back of a car. The Travelscoot is different:
- Lightweight and durable – The TravelScoot is the lightest portable mobility scooter for sale at only fifteen kilograms. This is at least ten kilograms less than other mobility scooters, which makes the Travelscoot easier to lift for most people. The scooter is made of durable, high quality aircraft aluminium, and comes with a two-year warranty.
- Long lasting charge – You can travel up to twenty kilometres on a single charge, allowing you to accompany your friends and family on shopping excursions and day trips. The battery is fully recharged in just five hours. The battery size is 274wh, which is within the 300wh limit required to legally fly on major airlines. The long-lasting charge and battery size allow you to travel without worrying.
- Small size – The Travelscoot folds up like an umbrella. It fits in small spaces, like the cupboard in your motorhome, or the back of a car, keeping it out of the way when not in use. In spite of its small size, the Travelscoot has a capacity of 145 kilograms, plus baggage. The handlebar and seat are height adjustable, and it can be ridden with stiff legs, if necessary (such as a leg in a cast).
We believe the Travelscoot is the best option in electronic mobility scooters, as it is lightweight, durable, has a long-lasting charge and can be tucked away when not in use.
The Best Advice You Can Hear Regarding Mobility Scooters Online
When purchasing your mobility scooter, consider the following:
- Purchasing a backup battery.While the Travelscoot battery can run for up to twenty kilometres and only takes five hours to charge fully, it can be a good idea to have a backup battery. A second battery comes in handy during long trips, or when one battery is being charged. No one wants to have to stay behind because their scooter has run out of power.
- Accessories. We carry foldable shopping baskets that are handy when shopping, at the library or for extra bags. If you plan to travel with your scooter, protect it from scratches with a special padded bag and sleeve. The bag has space for two Lead Acid or three Lithium Ion batteries, and the padded sleeve covers the handlebars and their electronics, preventing them from damage.
- Try a scooter to see if it is the right option for you. We have three showrooms: Assistive Technology Australia (Blacktown, Sydney), Independent Living Centre Lifetec Australia (Newmarket, Brisbane), and Mobility Repairs (Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne). While there an occupational therapist can assist and ensure that a mobility scooter is the right solution. Our showrooms allow you to feel how light the Travelscoot is, and experience its simple folding.
Why Travelscoot Australia
We have over six years’ experience with mobility scooters. The Travelscoot was designed by an individual with mobility challenges, and is German-engineered. We ship across Australia, and our customer service staff are happy to answer your questions.
Visit one of our showrooms to try a TravelScoot for yourself.